Installing and Launching the Application
1) Before beginning the installation it will be necessary to download the latest version of the WiFi Surveyor application. Also, if you have not already done so, it will be necessary to attach an RF Explorer spectrum analyzer to the PC via USB cable.
2) You will need administrative privileges in order to install the application software on your computer. Please login to an account on your computer that includes ‘Administrator’ rights before proceeding with the installation.
3) Run the installation / setup program and follow the prompts for installing the application. Be sure to review the License Agreement as you progress through the installation procedure — each license key can be used to install the software on a single machine. When the Setup Wizard has completed then click the ‘Finish’ button. Please note that in addition to the application, the installation program should also install USB drivers from Silicon Labs. By default the application is installed in the folder ‘\Program Files (x86)\NutsAboutNets\WifiSurveyor’ and a desktop icon is created.
4) Attach an RF Explorer spectrum analyzer to your PC using a USB-to-PC connection cable. Alternatively, if you do not have an RF Explorer device it is still possible to run the application in a fully-functional ‘Demo Mode’ using simulated data.
5) WiFi Surveyor requires a license key (i.e. activation or registration code). The first time the application is launched you will be prompted to register the application. When the software was purchased you should have received an email with your license key. To register the program enter your email address (the one used when you purchased the software) and the license key you received by email. If you have not yet purchased a license key you can still evaluate the software by running in “demo” mode. To run in “demo” mode launch the application without an RF Explorer spectrum analyzer attached to your PC.