In order for an Android device to use Touchstone Mobile to communicate with an RF Explorer device we have identified 4 requirements:
 The Android device must be running version 4.1 (Jelly Bean) of the OS, or higher.
 The output power on the Android device’s USB port should be 5V.
 USB Host Mode must be enabled on your Android device.
 A USB OTG (On-The-Go) cable is used to connect the Android device to the mini-USB port on RF Explorer.
For more information: USB Host Mode (Android) and the OTG USB Extension.
Installing and Launching the Application
Touchstone Mobile is available from Google’s Play Store. The app is installed on your Android device from Google’s Play Store. For evaluation purposes the app is free to download and install and can be run in “Demo” mode without an RF Explorer device. A software license key costs $49 USD and enables the app to use an RF Explorer device to collect spectrum trace data in real-time.
2) You will need administrative privileges in order to install the application software on your computer. Please login to an account on your computer that includes ‘Administrator’ rights before proceeding with the installation.
3) If you will be using an RF Viewer device, then attach that to your PC’s USB port before running the installation / setup program. If you will be using an RF Explorer device, then that gets attached after the installation / setup program completes.
4) Run the installation / setup program and follow the prompts for installing the application. Be sure to review the License Agreement as you progress through the installation procedure — each license key can be used to install the software on a single machine. When the Setup Wizard has completed then click the ‘Finish’ button. Please note that in addition to the application, the installation program should also install USB drivers from Silicon Labs (RF Explorer) or Zadig (RF Viewer). By default the application is installed in the folder ‘\Program Files (x86)\NutsAboutNets\Touchstone’ (or ‘TouchstonePro’) and a desktop icon is created.
5) Attach an RF Explorer spectrum analyzer to your PC using a USB-to-PC connection cable.
6) Touchstone-Pro requires a license key (i.e. activation or registration code). The first time the application is launched you will be prompted to register the application. When the software was purchased you should have received an email with your license key. To register the program enter your email address (the one used when you purchased the software) and the license key you received by email. If you have not yet purchased a license key you can still evaluate the software by running in “demo” mode that uses simulated data. To run in “demo” mode launch the application without an RF Explorer or RF Viewer spectrum analyzer attached to your PC.